Edgar "E" Gore is a major antagonist in Frankenweenie.
Edgar is a needy misfit who doesn’t have friends but is desperate to be Victor’s partner for the science fair. He is 10-years-old. In his attempts to be accepted ‘E’ tends to mess things up and often fails to think before he speaks. Even though ‘E’ promises not to tell Victor’s secret, he accidentally spills twsewqdhe beans. This is when everybody becomes interested and Edgar potentially power trips on the knowledge that he has harboured and desirable information for once.
- Edgar bares a strong resemblance to Ygor from Son of Frankenstein . This is made clear that, rather than playing as an assistant like the hunchback Fritz from the original Frankenstein , Edgar instead goads Victor into his experiments much like Ygor did.
- His favorite colors are Green, black and white.
- His design is also based somewhat off of Peter Lorre .
- Bela Lugosi , the man who originally played the part of Ygor in Son of Frankenstein, played a bit part in The Wolf Man, drawing parallel to Edgar creating the Were-Rat .
- Edgar resembles the living version of Igor from "The Nightmare Before Christmas".
- Edgar is the ones who spill out the secrets of Victor.
- Edgar likes block-mailing Victor. But he cannot do it to Nassor.