Edward is a 40-year-old travel agent, friendly and social, who likes to dispense roundabout advice to his son. He is proud of Victor’s accomplishments, but is concerned he doesn’t have any friends other than Sparky. He would prefer his son be more social and encourages him to join the baseball team. Ben has a playful and loving relationship with his wife, Susan.
- Edward was played by Daniel Stern in the short film. In the 2012 film, he is voiced by Martin Short.
- Edward appears to take on the role as New Holland's baseball coach in the feature film.
- Edward looks like a middle aged Victor Van Dort from The Corpse Bride.
- Edward Frankenstein's job in the film is a travel agent.
- In the 2012 film, his name is Edward, which is his actual name. Many have actually believed it to be Ben.