Elsa Van Helsing is a character in Frankenweenie.
She is a soulful and somber classmate of Victor. She lives next door to him with her grumpy uncle, Mayor Burgemeister, who forces her to be this year’s “Little Dutch Girl” at the town’s celebration of Dutch Day. Elsa also has a beloved pet poodle named Persephone, and truly empathizes with Victor when he loses Sparky. She is also Victor's girlfriend.
Everyday Outfit Edit
Elsa is often shown in a short-sleeved and knee-length black dress with a long-sleeved white collared shirt underneath. Under that, she wears striped leggings with black boots. Her hair is kept in four pigtails, two on the top of her head and two on the back of her neck. She also has bangs.
"Little Dutch Girl" Outfit Edit
As the "Little Dutch Girl," Elsa wears a puffed out Dutch dress with Xs on the top and flowers on the bottom (along with her signature leggings and boots). She keeps her bangs out but wears a braided blonde wig underneath a large hat with lit candles on it.
Elsa is a serious, sensitive, caring and gentle girl.
Her appearance looks like a female counterpart to Victor. Elsa is very close with her poodle, Persephone as much as Victor is to Sparky.
Although she and Victor may not show it, but the two neighbors appear to be in love, coco especially since Victor nearly risked his life to save Elsa from death. Elsa sympathizes easily with Victor when he loses Sparky.
- Elsa's design is similar to Lydia Deetz from the movie "Beetlejuice ". She is voiced by Winona Ryder who had played Lydia in said movie as well as Kim in "Edward Scissorhands". and Herself in Zoolander,
- Her favorite Color are Black, White, Purple, Blue and Yellow.
- Elsa being kidnapped and terrorized by the Vampire Cat may draw parallel to Winona Ryder's portrayal of Mina Harker in Bram Stoker's Dracula.
- Elsa's last name is a reference to Abraham Van Helsing, a vampire hunter and Count Dracula's archenemy.
- This is also referred in her battle against the Vampire Cat.
- Like Lydia, Elsa is Goth as well.
- Elsa's first name was named after the actress Elsa Launcher, the woman who play Boris Karloff's The Bride Of Frankenstein.
- Elsa's parents are never revealed in the movie.
- Victor Frankenstein is also older than Elsa Van Helsing.
- This Elsa predates the Elsa from Disney's 2013 film Frozen by one year, although it is the other Elsa that more people are familiar with, largely due to the success of the film and the song "Let It Go".