Weird Girl's experiment takes a wrong turn when her beloved cat, Mr. Whiskers, accidentally turns into a Vampire Cat due to having a dead bat in his mouth when struck by lightning. Complete with huge bat wings, two enormous fangs and darkened fur, the bat's violent side takes complete control over the once gentle Mr. Whiskers mutating and leaving no trace of him left and flies menacingly in the sky.The Vampire Cat is the true main antagonist.
It was eventually killed when a wooden stick impaled it inside a burning windmill during the climax of the film when he was going to kill Sparky.
- Since the other monsters are meant to bare a resemblance to the original Universal Movie monsters, the Vampire Cat is meant to represent Count Dracula from Dracula .
- Sparky and the Vampire Cat's final confrontation at the end may represent the heated rivalry of Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi, as well as the heavily thought upon concept of Dracula VS. Frankenstein.
- Unlike the other monsters, the Vampire Cat was not resurrected from a dead animal. Like the Sea Creatures, the Vampire Cat was mutated with the use of lightning and (in the Vampire Cat's case) a cat in contact with a dead bat.
- The Vampire Cat kidnapping Elsa may draw parallel to Winona Ryder's portrayal of Mina Harker in Bram Stoker's Dracula .
- He was the one who broke Mr Burgermeister's flamingo.
- He is the last animal to die in the film.
- Like many of the other animals/creatures in the film, the Vampire Cat is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.
- Due to Mr. Whisker's almost complete mindless nature, The Vampire Bat easily took over him as if it found a new body.
- In the final confrontation the Vampire Cat is impaled through the chest with a wooden stick. The most well known method of killing a vampire was by driving a wooden stake through it's heart.
- The Vampire Cat resembles a mammoth-hunting predator,the Sabretooth cat (Smilodon fatalis).
- The Vampire Cat transformation is the same as the transformation in An American Werewolf In London 1981.
- The Vampire Cat fell down to the bottom of the windmill with Victor after it pushed him off a platform, starting Victor's rescue.
- The Vampire Cat appears out of the burning building after people think it's dead like in Cujo, where the audience doesn't know where the rabid creature pops up next.